The activities of EHPS-Net will follow a scheme of biannual meetings where the progress of the diverse activities will be discussed. The meetings of the steering committee will be held in connection with these meetings. Key targets will be:
- Building the EHPS-Net portal, to be maintained by the International Institute of Social History;
- Including all main European longitudinal databases in the IDS;
- Sharing meta-knowledge about the data and work on documentation, publications and other forms of research output;
- Setting up projects for developing data extraction software (migration, fertility, etc.) and support teams of peer researchers that will create and test extraction programmes;
- Developing proposals for strategic enlargements of existing databases like census data;
- Assisting in the creation of new databases, especially in Eastern and South-Eastern Europe.